Train services in the Salisbury area may be disrupted today (17th November 2021) as a result of “slippery rails” according to Network Rail.
South Western Railway say they have been advised of “poor railhead conditions heavily affecting services through Salisbury,” which means that “trains may be delayed, cancelled or revised”.
Currently, the rail company estimate that the disruption will last until the end of the day.
Advice for South Western Railway customers is as follows:
- The following alterations will be in place:
- Services between Exeter St Davids and London Waterloo will be reduced to one train per hour.
- Other services will terminate and restart at Salisbury
- Services between Salisbury and Romsey via Southampton Central will be cancelled
- Some services between London Waterloo and Poole / Weymouth will call additionally at Basingstoke and / or Swaythling
Tickets will be accepted at no extra cost on the following services:
- Great Western Railway between Salisbury and Southampton Central. These services will call additionally at Redbridge and Millbrook.
- Great Western Railway between Exeter St. Davids and London Paddington
- Great Western Railway services between Basingstoke and Reading
- London Underground between London Paddington and London Waterloo
- Xelabus routes X6 and X7 between Eastleigh and Chandlers Ford
A replacement bus service is in place between Salisbury, Dean, Mottisfont & Dunbridge, Romsey, Chandlers Ford and Eastleigh.
You can check your journey using the National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner here.